William Morris Strawberry Thief Gift Boxed Hand Trowel
Beautiful and gorgeously practical too! This handy garden trowel is built to last and to look great. Comfy in the hand for any digging, re-potting or general trowel-needing tasks.
- Beautifully gift boxed for you or someone dear
Out of the box, this towel's great looks really shine through!
- Stainless steel for rust-free, worry-free gardening
- FSC® (FSC-C124838) certified wooden handle
- Half-dipped handle finish - because it just looks gorgeous!
- Ergonomically shaped handle for extra comfort when in use
- William Morris logo decoratively burned into the handle
- Handle loop for hanging up so you can find it (or just show it off...)
"Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful" William Morris.
Be inspired with gorgeous images of our William Morris Collections here.
The Strawberry Thief Pattern
This is Morris' most famous pattern, designed in 1883, and is based on the thrushes that he observed stealing strawberries from his kitchen garden at Kelmscott Manor. It was made using a complex printing technique known as indigo discharge, and was an expensive luxury fabric when first produced.
This truly iconic British design has been perfected by modern techniques to provide current generations with a true-to-original pattern on a variety of materials not previously possible. Offering beauty, style and affordability, all combined with impeccable historical credentials.
Supporting the true home of William Morris with a royalty being paid to the William Morris Gallery and thus supporting the preservation of the patterns and creations of the world famous iconic designer and his family.